March 18, 2012

Oil Feed & Drain Lines

Finding time to sit down and post updates. I've had these together since sometime last week.


Years ago, after seeing a feature car in DSPORT magazine, I was set on black nylon braided hose with nickel plated hose ends. It was surprisingly difficult to find a company that produced all of the fittings I needed in a matching nickel finish. Earl's didn't provide anything as small as -4AN in nickel, Russell's nylon braided hose had a contrasting tracer on it, and I was extremely iffy about trying out JEGS fittings and hose after reading some skeptical reviews. I was almost ready to track down a plater to refinish any mismatched fittings when I was turned onto XRP. Toby Broadfield, the man behind a S13 Nissan 240SX build I follow, was becoming a distributor and promoting an initial buy-in. After contacting him I waded through the XRP catalog and jumped on board. The quality, fit, and finish has left with no regret in going this route. My first purchase netted me the components to do the oil feed/drain lines for the turbocharger, fittings/hose for my crankcase ventilation project, and a set of aluminum jaws for assembly. The hose is all XRP's XR-31 Lightweight Performance Hose and all fittings are a combination of double-swivel and non-swivel hose ends in the Super Nickel finish.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I love the build! I'm in the process of building my 2000 sl2. Just had a few questions to ask... Where did you run your oil feed/return lines? I've never built a car or had a turbo on any car so I've never seen it in person.. Was the Megasquirt easy to wire? I could have the local shop install and tune it for about $1000. Would it be worth it to have them install it or should I just do it myself? Any help is appreciated!!!

    Thank you!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete